Tuesday, October 30, 2012


     Hello classmates who may be reading my blog. This has been a rough week, but productive nonetheless! We are buying our first home and remodeling, which got put on the back-burner due to leaks and electrical issues that popped up now that we are owners! But we learned a lot in the process and had to laugh at the timing, fixed our issues and now back to remodeling.
     As for our assignments, we were asked to do the Universal Loving Kindness exercise.  I love this exercise, its simple easy and gave me a chance to be in my own head. No prompts, no voices was a welcome escape from the previous meditative exercises. 
     We were also responsible for doing the Integral Assessment. What I learned about myself is that my psycho-spiritual aspect of my life is always in need of fine-tuning. I am always striving to better my attitude, improve my mood, and eliminate stress and anxiety from my life. Another area I am focusing on is worldly aspect. I was really struct by the chapter in our text speaking of the worldly and "our work." I need to look at my job as more than a mere way to survive and provide for my family. I need to look at it as providing service to others and doing my part to aid in eliminating suffering others. I can attain these goals by changing my mindset through meditative exercises, by training my mind using visualizations and mental imagery. 

Brandy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brandy:

    Congratulations on purchasing your first house! With this kind of commitment comes a lot of challenges and stress, and it is important to be always in a good mood, and have a stress free existence. I think once you have mastered the exercises in this unit, I am sure they will help you to accomplish all of these things.

    ReplyDelete